If the past couple of years have taught us anything, it’s that there’s no time to waste and no room for error when it comes to our healthcare systems. There needs to be a well-balanced ecosystem in place that supports the provider/patient relationship in the best possible way, even in the midst of a health crisis.
Patients need top-level care in the way that is safe and convenient for them, and providers need systems and solutions that allow them to care for multiple patients and share results/treatment plans easily. AV/VC technology is allowing this — and more — to happen in hospitals and care facilities around the world.
However, healthcare facilities need to approach their implementation strategically as to not disrupt patient care or communication. This quick start guide can help healthcare facilities implement the latest AV/VC technology for better patient outcomes.
What are the latest AV/VC technology trends?
The first step in implementing new healthcare technology is to understand what options are out there and how they can help you.
There are some amazing AV tools out there that enhance the healthcare experience in a number of ways. They include:
- Telemedicine – For everything from virtual rounds to at-home patient care, telemedicine allows patients to access care without risking exposure or worrying about distance and travel limitations. It also lets doctors care for patients who are in different facilities or locations at the same time.
- Learning – Medical students and those in healthcare fields that require clinical experience can do so virtually. This allows them to participate in real-world scenarios that cannot be replicated in a lab, while learning from a team in action.
- Patient education and communication – Patients can use interactive portals to engage with educational material, review results, and video chat with a provider to answer any questions.
How to implement the latest AV/VC technologies in healthcare
If any of these ideas inspired your healthcare organization to implement a new AV/VC system, it’s easier than you may think to get started. Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Research – Take a look at your current network and needs, and identify areas where AV/VC technology can improve performance and patient outcomes.
- Strategy – Identify which technology solutions would fill the aforementioned gaps and establish KPIs for success.
- Design – Select the specific technology, quantity, accessories, etc. that are needed to achieve the goals.
- Implementation – Installing the necessary technology without disrupting critical workflows.
- Support – Have ongoing and on-demand support to ensure the technology is always working smoothly.
A key to success here is to find an AV integrator that can assist you on each of these steps, not just integration. IVCi specializes in helping healthcare organizations implement imaging, communication, document solutions and more — all by utilizing the latest technology to improve patient outcomes and provider efficiency. Contact us today to learn more and get started.