Medical Imaging Products | Diagnostic Imgaging Equipment
The easy to hold, easy to use, lightweight S-video camera captures crystal clear digital medical images for multiple uses. TotalExam’s superior image capture is used by a wide variety of specialties.
One Camera, Many Benefits
GlobalMed’s TotalExam Exam2 Camera is unique to the telemedicine market in that it is a small, lightweight compact camera that delivers high-resolution digital images. It enables the user to stabilize the camera for clear, detailed, close-up images of patients’ skin, throat and eyes.
- TotalExam is so lightweight, it can be easily operated using one hand.
- The camera can operate as an S-Video device that plugs directly into a codec for users of telepresence systems.
- With included USB Live! 2.0 adapter, the camera can also be plugged into a PC for situations where a telepresence system is not in use.
- Automatic color-balance eliminates need for manual white balance.
- The freeze frame button for capturing still images is conveniently located for fast easy access during an exam, which reduces blurring and increases efficiency.
- The manual focus allows user to focus directly on the area of concern, rather than dealing with the hassle of an autofocus camera that overrides user control.
- On-board LED light carousel allows for extreme close-ups in dimly-lit area. LEDs have three white light intensities with 100,000-hour life.
- Available in both NTSC (USA) and PAL (International) versions. PAL versions include a Woods Lamp with two ultraviolet light settings.
- Dimensions: 140 mm long x 20 mm diameter
- Weight: ~8oz
- Magnification: System magnification of 4x to 40x
- Polarization: Software controlled
- Zoom: Software application controlled
- Pixels: 1,379,168 from a 1/3” CMOS Sensor – .370 Mega Pixels
- Active Resolution: 525 vertical lines (NTSC)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Greater than >44dB
- Output Interface: S-Video or USB2 when used with USB Live! 2.0 Interface
- Output Format: 60 Progressive
- Output Signal: HDMI and DVI
- Output Format: RGB24 or YUV4:2:2 color space when using CapSure®
- Integrated Free-Frame: 2 (HDMI and DVI concurrently)
- Integrated Freeze-Frame: Push-button and software controlled
- Color Adjustments: Automatic white balance
- Exposure Control: Electronic Exposure Control
- EIR: Electric Iris Control Lighting: Patent-pending MDF 2 lighting carousel using 4 white LEDs
- Operating Temperature Range: 0°C – 40°C
- Operating Humidity: Less than 90%
- Power Consumption: No more than 2.5 watts
- Voltage Range: 5 VDC
- Lens: F2.8 FineGrid housed in the Multi-Depth-of-Field-Focus (MDF2) Lighting Carousel.
- Storage Temperature: -30°C – +100°C
- Operating Conditions: 0°C – 40°C
- Usable Operating Conditions: -20°C – +55°C
TotalExam2 has added features to enhance patient examinations:
- Superior signal-to-noise ratio provides far greater color with less video noise. Examination images have truer to life color to aid in assessment.
- Improved optics add to existing performance in low-light conditions, increasing areas where the camera can be used.
- Digital features added for precise color, contrast and sharpness of the whole image, further aiding in assessment.
GlobalMed designed the TotalExam2 Camera to provide superior images, lightweight transport and durability. It also has added features for improved efficiency.
- Focus adjustment presets enable rapid use specifically for skin, eyes and throat while also allowing for context images from four-to-five feet away.
- The camera is the size of a dry erase marker which allows for easy, compact transport.
- Included derm hood allows attachment of disposable touch collars that assist in capturing non-blurry images while maintaining a clean surface.
- Included Tongue depressor adaptor accepts standard tongue depressors for oral examinations.
GlobalMed is a privately held telemedicine company headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona and is the leader of telemedicine companies in telehealth hardware and software R&D, design, engineering, manufacture and support. Their team of telemedicine software developers and engineers work closely with scientific and medical professionals—from concept to application—to understand and translate unmet needs into next-generation integrated telemedicine tools that are unsurpassed in quality, affordability and flexibility. GlobalMed’s award-winning patented new medical technologies and unique intellectual properties culminate in solutions that exceed even the most challenging requirements for clarity, accuracy, accessibility, convenience and cost-effectiveness, and that create an ecosystem of connected health.